Thursday, October 11, 2012

138/80

This is my first time ever posting a blog out in the open. Many of my friends do so and they have much more talent than I do. However, I know I am not much of a writer but I do know one thing that every good writer should know. If you have something to say, say it. So here it goes...

I have had my battles with health for several years now but the latest one was the stroke I had in late June/early July. This was my third stroke and it was mild but it did get me thinking. A few weeks before then the person I thought was the love of my life had broken my heart and fell in love with someone else. As much as I loved her, I do know that we had a tumultous history together. But that knowledge didn't change how I felt when I learned of her new found love. It is really easy to say that you are happy that another person has found happiness, it is a much different thing when their happiness causes you misery. I do not think my unhappiness led me to another stroke but it sure was terrible timing.

Skip to the last Friday of June, that was the day I first noticed I had gotten sick. I literally got sick in my car and came straight home. Over the next few days, I was sick and throwing up but I thought it was the flu. Boy, was I wrong. That following Monday I was scheduled to appear on a a tv show as Aquaman. However, I was not feeling very super heroic at all. I did the show and went to the doctor's office right afterwards. My blood pressure was through the rook, 228/118 if I remember correctly. I went straight to the hospital. The first hospital...

At the first hospital, they took my blood pressure and all sorts of X-Rays,EKG"s,  MRI's and other words with inititals that I don't know what they stand for Hahaha But all the tests confirmed what I already knew, my brain was bleeding...again. They rushed me to another hospital, in an ambulance where I stayed for several days until my blood pressure stabilized. I had several visitors and phone calls all wishing me well. And I love them all so much, more than I can ever express.

The rest of July was mostly spent at home recovering but I was anxious to get back to work. I love my job and all those I work with. They were so supportive and I am blessed to work for them. When I was home, I used Facebook alot and many of the people on there I love with all of my heart. Facebook is my entertainment, my therapy and I am grateful that those have stood by me, even in my darkest times. LOVE YOU ALL!!!

August and September were spent in and out of doctor's offices. I even had the cardiac catherization test, where they stuck a tube up my groin to take pictures of my heart. Gladly, that test came out great and my ticker is all good. I kept getting stronger each day as time passed. I no longer needed naps to get through the day. I did not have to go to bed by 10 PM. I was getting better...with one exception, my blood pressure.

My blood pressure continued to be high and I kept going to the doctor's office to adjust my meds. Which brings me to today. My blood pressure was 138/80, which is an all time low for me!!! :) I still can't believe it but I am so happy!!! I still have alot of work to do and will continue to get better. The good news is that I do not have to see my doctor till next April, a whole six months from now!!! So what does the next six months hold for me? Only time will tell....

2 comments:

  1. Well done JV. Wow, to think all of this time you're still out helping where you can, Very unselfish of you and much respect!

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete