Thursday, October 11, 2012

Page turner

So today was a big day for me. I got the good news I had been waiting for from my doctor. My blood pressure is under control and it looks like they finally found the right combination of medications to regulate my blood pressure. I am excited beyond belief!!

The past couple of months have been hard. I have exercised and dieted but each time I walked into the doctor's office my blood pressure was still high. I was disappointed in myself and thought, What was I doing wrong? It turns out I was not letting doctors be doctors.

We often  have a God-like respect for doctors. We expect them to have all the answers and know how to fix whatever ails us. That is not fair. They are human and medicine is a science. And as a science, alot of it is trial and error. There is not one magic pill that doctors can give us and everything is all better. Sometimes it takes trying a pill with a different pill or a higher dosage of one or the other. I am grateful that he didn't give up on me. A page has turned for me and now I am ready to start a new chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment